Although it was a very busy week I managed to find some hobby time by working on the fuselage of the Senator at sunrise and also very late at night. My intent was to follow the plans exactly and to keep the weight as low as possible. However, I decided to add some more rigidity by adding some extra diagonal bracing on the underside of the nose.
To try and avoid any warping I also added two 1/8" sheet formers in the box section under the wings and behind the nose section. The nose was a little more challenging than I anticipated and I had to re-cut the sheet balsa three times before I was finally happy with shape and fit of the nose panels.
Not too bad really, no warping and an improvement on the fuselage I built when I was a teenager. Just a little heavier than the original design, but I hope to save some weight on the wing ribs.