Completing the wing took a little more effort than I had anticipated. The 0.8mm sheet balsa on the top of the leading edge took a bit of effort to cut to the right size. I also had to patch this later on as I put my finger through it while sanding the leading edge down. I am quite pleased with the end result, I'm hoping the left wing will be less problematic now I know how delicate the leading edge is.
Sunday, 29 January 2017
Saturday, 28 January 2017
Spend a couple of hours today constructing the right wing. The wing ribs are rather thin (0.5mm) so one has to be very careful when cutting and shaping them. Next step will be shaping and sanding the wing...
Sunday, 22 January 2017
Saturday, 21 January 2017
It's been 18 months sitting in a box... but I've now started building this superb scale aircraft! I hope to get this finished before spring arrives.