Sunday 16 June 2013

West Wings Sapphire

This year my kids gave me a West Wings Sapphire for Father's day.  This is a 32.5" (825mm) wingspan rubber powered sports aeroplane that apparently has high lift and good stability as well as promising some long duration flights.


Inside the box:



The quality of the wood looks good, the plans are clear and the instructions are well thought out and easy to follow.  It looks like it will be an enjoyable build.  The West Wings website does mention that one can finish this model with heat-shrink covering, but I will stick to the traditional tissue and dope finish.

Not a bad kit at all.  I've never built a West Wings kit before, so I look forward to seeing how well it builds and performs in the air.  My only quibble is that it came with a rather chunky yellow propeller rather than the more aesthetically pleasing blue one as shown on the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment