Today saw the completion of the building phase of the West Wings Sapphire. I added some more 2.5mm square diagonal supports to the fuselage to give it more rigidity and hopefully I can crank up the rubbing winding a little higher than original designed.
I eventually got around to cutting and sanding the wing tips out of solid balsa block which wasn't so difficult as I first anticipated. The nose block (not shown) took a some careful shaping but I've not yet drilled it and inserted the propeller shaft.
I'm rather pleased with the final outcome. I just need to find some time this week to cover the Sapphire with tissue and prepare it for flying!