Friday 3 January 2014

West Wings Aries

West Wings Aries
I received a West Wings Aries for Christmas to keep me busy during the Winter months.  This is a relatively easy model and promises to be a slow but steady flyer.   This kit is almost identical to the West Wings Topaz, apart from the additional wing.  If the Aries works out well, I may tweak the plans and build an Aries from scratch.

The balsa wood is cut well, however, this kit was missing the trailing edges for the wings and tailplane which was a big disappointment.  Fortunately I have plenty of sheet balsa spare, so I can cut these myself, however, I did feel a little let down by this lack of quality control.

I've constructed the tailplane and I'm now working on the fuselage which I hope to complete by the end of this weekend.   Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment